VELOCITY GROWTH HUB EVENTS
Prince 2 – Introduction to Project Management
Venue: Milton Keynes Business Centre
Address: Milton Keynes Business Centre
Date & Time: 26th June 2018 - 9.30am-16.30pm
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Outline of the workshop:
This workshop is a gentle introduction to the concept and importance of project planning to SMEs. Attendees will learn how to create a project management plan and understand how to implement it. The course is also useful preparation to our Introduction to Project Management under PRINCE2®.
Bullet points of what the workshop will cover:
- project planning: what it means, when it matters, and why it’s important
- six Cs: conception, calculation, conditions, carrying out, control, closure
- defining the project: the significance of scope and how to avoid creep
- the project management diamond: cost, time, scope, quality… and expectations
- enumerating the tasks, activities, team, durations, and milestones
- drawing up a schedule and the importance of dependencies
- identifying risk and coping with issues
- helpful models and useful apps that do ‘just enough’
- the view from inside: common mistakes and how to avoid them
- drafting a communication plan for your stakeholders for continuous buy in
- introducing helpful tools – including Basecamp, Teamwork, and Wrike.
Summary of key learning points:
- understanding what it means to plan a project and why we do it
- ensuring you cover the six Cs before starting a project
- managing expectations using the project management diamond
- drawing up a plan and identifying risks
- using the most appropriate models for your project
- avoiding common mistakes and taking stock.
Content of Action Plan Exercise –
- draw up a project management diamond
- address the six Cs
- choose helpful models and apps.
Please note that eligibility criteria is applied to attend this workshop and only one delegate per business can attend. Contact us to learn more.